The British Fireworks Association
The British Fireworks Association (BFA) represents and guides the majority of the UK’s manufacturers and importers of consumer fireworks. Operating in a heavily regulated and heavily monitored industry with strong laws in place controlling the sale and use of fireworks, we insist that all of our members adhere to a strict Code of Conduct consistent with our motto: Safety, Quality, Reliability.
Safety, Quality, Reliability
The BFA works with Government, Local Authorities, The Fire Service, Industry Leaders, Trading Standards, Health & Safety Executive and numerous charities & other stakeholders to help advise on keeping the use of fireworks in the UK safe.
Our priorities include:
- Promoting the safe and sensible use of fireworks that are manufactured and tested to the highest standards.
- Actively supporting the strong laws already in place controlling the sale and use of fireworks, including encouraging an increase in police enforcement.
- Making recommendations to Government decision makers, to help ensure that changes in the law do not create a black market for fireworks or opportunities for rogue traders.
- Promoting the responsible enjoyment of fireworks and actively opposing the anti-social or misuse of fireworks.
- Supporting steps to increase the penalties associated with firework misuse.
Take the BFA Assessment!
Adults, Children and Retailers can learn much more about Firework Safety and UK law relating to fireworks at the British Firework Association’s assessment website.