Applications for licences for smaller stores, those keeping more 50 kg but less than 2000 kg of explosives should be submitted to the relevant local authority. Applications for stores keeping more than 2000 kg of explosives should apply to the HSE.
Fireworks may be supplied for sale during the following periods only:
- On the first day of Chinese New Year and the three days immediately preceding it.
- On the day of Diwali and the three days immediately preceding it.
- During the period beginning on 15th October and ending on the 10th November
- During the period beginning on 26th December and ending on the 31st December.
- A poster, relating to the illegality of under 18’s possessing fireworks, must be displayed in full view of the buying public.
Anyone wishing to supply fireworks outside of these periods should apply to their local licensing authority for an annual licence. Should you need any information regarding this contact your supplier or any member of the BFA.
Click here to download a PDF version of the BFA Firework Code.
Click here to download a PDF version of a Plan A3 Under Age Notice.