THE FIREWORK CODE
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE
* Do not buy fireworks from UNLICENCED retailers.
These fireworks may be unsafe and illegal.
* Only buy fireworks that comply with current safety standards. *
* Always keep fireworks in a closed box.
Take them out one at a time and close the box.
* Never put fireworks in your pocket.
* Be considerate. Let your neighbours know you will be having a display, especially if they are elderly or they have pets or children.
* Avoid setting fireworks off late at night, particularly if it is a school-night.
* Ensure your pets are safe.
* Carefully follow the instructions on EACH firework.
* Never go back to a lit firework unless the instructions advise otherwise.
* Never throw fireworks; it is dangerous.
* Light fireworks one at a time, at the end of the fuse, and at arm’s length.
* Light sparklers one at a time and wear suitable gloves, even when lighting them.
* Never give sparklers to a child under the age of 5.
* Never throw spent fireworks on a bonfire.
STAY SAFE, BE CONSIDERATE, AND DON’T BECOME A NUISANCE.
* All fireworks supplied by BFA members are tested to conform to the current safety standards.
If you require more information, contact the seller or any member of the BFA.